- Aboriginal Dot Art, I have got packets of stickers from Wilko's and have cut squares of baking parchment to make them on.... this will be a new skill with the little ones, and an old favourite for the older ones!
- Petroglyphs, but instead of spraying water then sprinkling powder paint, I'm putting liquid paint in a little spraybottle, I'm doing them onto sheets of fine sandpaper to look like cave walls!
- Didgeridoos from loo rolls taped together instead of the long tubes.
- Australian map collage with cut outs to glue on of things like koala, kangaroo, people etc.
- As usual we will put together a memory book of the week's fun for the children to enjoy talking about, we will use some colouring pages to make a map and flag for the book.
- Cook Damper Dogs and fruit kabobs to eat.
- Australia - A True Book
- An Australian abc of animals, this is such a lovely book with the animals painted in aboriginal style.
Thursday, 21 January 2010
I only heard about Australia day from the Childminding help forum a week or so ago and thought that it sounded fun and I found so many great ideas that I'm 'doing' Australia for the whole week! here is what I have planned: