Friday 5 March 2010

Friday's Favourites!

I have had a busy and fun week..... lots of outdoor play in the Sunshine and lots of shared activities with friends! On Thursday I took my own children to the Education Show at the NEC, I was a bit unsure how well we would be recived but everyone was delighted to have two little ones scampering all over their equipment and testing it all out! There was messy play and soft play and outdoor equipment and puppets and play houses and all kinds of things.... we had a wonderful time and came home with a bag full of freebies.  One of the messy play activities particularly caught my eye and I'm going to try it out this weekend and let you know how it goes!  Another very exciting thing that happened was that I had a letter from the LEA to say that my grant proposal had been accepted and I will be receiving the money for resources that I had applied for!!  I will blog about them as and when they arrive!  And finally, the trees from the Woodland Trust arrived to be unpacked and tucked away in a sheltered corner ready for planting at the nature reserve next week!  It's all go..... no change there then!!  Have a great weekend!
  • I really like this idea from 'The Snail Trail' - you could make it really simple for a child that was just beginning to rhyme or read some words.
  • Make very simple but very effective finger puppets.
  • 'Dig-in' - The BBC campaign for people to grow more vegetables at home.  You can't apply for the free seeds yet but there are plenty of tips for what you can do to prepare!

No comments:

Post a Comment