- Look at this picture of the 5 K’s and talk about why they are important to Sikh people (scroll down, I think it's about page 17!!)
- Look at the traditional bhangra dress (for men) and giddha dress (for women), read about them here.
- I could only find a good colouring picture of a bhangra dancer.
- Play some bhangra music and dance to it: the dances tell stories of everyday life so make up some moves related to gardening (as baisakhi is the Sikh harvest festival), cooking and eating as a fun story line!
- See a picture of the Dholak hand drum used to drum the beats here.
- Make anklets and bangles to wear.
- Cook Halwa.
Wednesday, 7 April 2010
Baisakhi Planning 2010
I have struggled to find resources on the web that are ready planned to help explore Baisakhi. There doesn't seem to be a lot around but what there is will be lots of fun! Here are my ideas: