Monday 21 June 2010

An Outdoor Reading Corner

I have had this in the back of my mind for some months now but in a much more complicated format involving sewing cushion pads and hanging fabric and all sort of things.  On Sunday I just decided to use what I had to revamp this little unused corner of the patio.  It is a bench seat that my husband built a few years ago and makes the perfect quiet little nook to sit and look at books.  It has only been there for a day but already all of the children have visited it for a little sit and a ponder or a read...... I'm really pleased!  My eventual goal for the garden is to have everything that is available indoors available outdoors so that it continues to be well used through the Winter.  Later on in the summer I am having a veranda built over half of the patio so we can use it all day even when it rains all day!!

1 comment:

  1. Little Explorers29 June 2010 at 13:16

    Hi Jenni,
    I'm loving your book area garden canopy! Is it a giant leaf? It looks like an IKEA buy.

    You are doing lots to improve your garden for the children - I've only got a small one, so I have to plan well. Its going to be my biggest challenge!

    Garage is progressing slowly ... or maybe I am just impatient to put everything its place :)

    ReplyDelete