Thursday 12 August 2010

Friday's Favourites!

Well things have been very busy round here this week...... school holidays in full swing and that means extra children to join the fun..... and a whole lot extra planning for me!! We took a coach trip to Rhyl on Monday and spent the day enjoying the sea and the sand, and a fabulous little water park that we discovered by happy accident!  It took military planning and was a long day for the children and they were good as gold but it has given me a new respect for mothers of six or more children!!  Tuesday we had a relaxing day at home with pretty much constant role-play going on, followed by a day at our favourite town park on Wednesday.  The children I care for are so lovely but I am sooooo glad that I only work three days a week then get my girls back to myself on Thursday!!

Last week we had a week off as a family and did dome great day trips out, but I didn't think you would want to be bored by endless snaps of days out!!

I am starting to work on putting together the blue series of the Montessori literacy materials.  When working through the pink series I made them up as Eve needed them but the blue series covers more and I want to be ready and have the whole lot made to hand and done and dusted.  I will post things as I do them!

I haven't been keeping up with the blogs this week so have lots to read and choose from tonight:
  • Turning pine cones into berries to add to a nature table.
  • Play silks in place of loads of different play scenes.
  • Initial sounds game - translate this from Croatian and it still doesn't read true but the idea of having cards where the initial sound can only match the correct object is really great.... I have number puzzles like this and they allow the child to work independently as they can self-correct.

1 comment:

  1. Little Explorers14 August 2010 at 20:37

    Hi Jen,
    Please can I have an email address so I share with you. My classroom has been painted and the laminate is 1/2 done - we are really galloping along now - leaving the builder behind! He is still messing about with electrics and plumbing :( I purchased some shelves from Ikea - I just hope they work as they are cubes instead of long shelves as I desperately need as much storage as I can get. I will send you some photo's once the room is finished - which I hope it will be towards the end of next week.

    Then I need to turn my attention to a clay pit of a garden! Hope all is well. Hayley

    ReplyDelete