Wednesday 20 April 2011

Jack and the Beanstalk Play Dough!

As part of our Jack and the Beanstalk Growing topic, I made a batch of play dough following my usual recipe (see at the bottom of the post) then coloured half brown and half green. I set it out with two little terracotta pots, some green craft sticks and green pipe cleaners, a bowl of dried french beans and some little garden tools we had from another set. These are some of the things the girls did with it....



Recipe:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup salt
  • 2 tsp cream of tarter
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 tbsp oil
Mix all together then cook over a medium heat until it all balls together to be kneaded on a clean surface. Sometimes I add the colour to the water to get an even spread, for intense colours I use powdered colourants used in Indian cooking. I find that natural food colours are very wishy washy..... i need to find a better source of dough colours..... any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment