Sunday 24 April 2011

Planting For the New Growing Season...

We enjoyed a lovely sunny morning sowing seeds for the growing season ahead.... this was a few weeks ago now! We planted courgettes, sunflowers (of course), snap peas, purple sprouting broccoli, coriander, basil, thyme and oregano, and lavender in pots.  This year I'm trying out paper mulch ones that can go straight into the veg patches and will break down naturally.  The bottom picture is Faith sowing radishes, carrots and spinach into the veg patch directly.  I really wish that I had taken a full picture of the lovely cold-frame that my Dad and Husband built together, but I didn't and it has had to come down again now due to inadvertently drilling through the neighbour's garage wall (all fixed but the cold-frame needs moving so the seedlings are camping out under plastic at present!) Check out the pictures below to see how well they are doing! I should add that the girls made some beautifully handwritten labels to identify the pots!

No comments:

Post a Comment