Thursday 13 October 2011

An Iddy-eye View of the Autumn!

Well the days are generally cooling down now - that funny temperature where it isn't quite cold enough for thick jumpers and heating but it isn't warm enough to be in t-shirt sleeves and have the back door open all day! It took a few days training to get the girls to shut it after them as they flew out to play!

As children with teachers for parents we never had the central heating on before October half-term and for some bizarre unexplainable reason I still follow that rule as a home-educating adult!! We have had the wood burner on a couple of days though when the temperature dipped uncomfortably low. Idris loved watching the flames from his play mat.

Things are getting back to normal round here after throat infections followed by colds. Idris caught them too, causing him to have croup which was my first (and hopefully last) experience of that scary condition. I found myself sitting in the bathroom at 3am with the shower running on hot to create some warm steam to soothe his inflamed throat. Luckily it worked as a dash to the emergency doctor with three children in the middle of the night on my own (Dewi was at work!) was not top of my 'fun things to do' list! I am just getting some energy back after trying to sleep sitting up holding Idris in a position he cold breathe easily in for far too many nights in a row!!

I don't know about you but when all the children are ill and I am short on sleep I feel smug just getting a hot dinner on the table and all the rest goes out of the window! By the end of the fortnight the girl's behaviour was appalling and I have spent this week re-establishing a good routine for them. It never ceases to amaze me just how quickly a routine calms and soothes the girls and they become calm and good-natured once again! the house is almost back to normal too so I have time and space to blog again!

No comments:

Post a Comment