Thursday 10 November 2011

Bonfire Night Fun!


Dewi dug a fire pit in the veg patch to create a contained fire for us to enjoy - we had such a lovely time sitting around the flames chatting. I taught the girls some campfire songs from my Guiding days and we let rip with a competitive 'jelly on the plate' match! Only once a year will I allow my children to yell at the top of their lungs at 7pm at night...... that's what made it so fun!!

Sparklers....


Ooohs and Aaaahs over fireworks.....

Eve made paper fireworks and put sweets in for everyone - she's so creative and generous!

Idris wrapped up to enjoy the fun..... my friend Harriet is holding him!

Idris was underwhelmed by the whole experience - he slept through the fireworks but was mesmerised by the fire afterwards!

 We toasted marshmallows and made smores with them!

Smores by firelight!


No comments:

Post a Comment