Monday 22 April 2013

Baking with Toddlers

I have to confess that baking with a very small child is not top of my list of relaxing activities for a Sunday afternoon.... however I try and bake with Idris (just coming 21 months as much as I can as he really enjoys it! I chose scones to make last week as it's a good, messy hands-on mix to make with lots of processes to try...... He enjoyed rubbing the butter into the flour......
.....stirring the sugar in.......
....cracking eggs with a little assistance......
....rolling out the dough with a lot of assistance, and the most beautifully sensorial marble rolling pin in the world!......
..... and independently cutting out scones from the dough.

Amusingly enough he wasn't very keen on them when they were cooked, even with jam on! Thanks to Eve for the brilliant photographs as photography and toddler baking at the same time really IS a step too far!

No comments:

Post a Comment